Norton Antivirus is an anti-malware program that uses heuristics and signatures to identify viruses by its built-in it this program are phishing protection and e-mail spam filtering etc. It has many products which can be used as antivirus and also for internet security purposes. The anti-virus companies update their finding tools constantly to pact with the more than lakhs of new malware created daily like worms, Trojans, Virus, and more. These tools are important for users to install and make it up-to-date since a computer without anti-virus software will be infected inside minutes of attaching to the internet. So, it will be a big problem if Norton Antivirus not scanning your computer.
Sometimes it becomes very hard to uninstall a software, especially an antivirus. There may be several reasons behind this. Here we will try to remove our Norton antivirus manually. It involves the following three basic steps:
- Stop Norton Antivirus services and processes.
- Remove Norton Antivirus from the registry.
- Remove Norton Antivirus from the Start menu and the hard drive.
Stop Norton Antivirus services and processes
Ensure that the Norton Antivirus window is not open and is not currently running.
To stop the services
- On the Windows Taskbar, click Start > Run.
- In the Open box, type the following text “services.msc” without the quotes and press OK.
- For each of the following services, right-click the name of the service, and click Stop:
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Antivirus Definition Watcher
- Symantec Event Manager
- Symantec Settings Manager
To stop the processes
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- In Windows Task Manager, on the Processes tab, right-click the name of the service, and click End Process, for each of the following processes:
- Close the Windows Task Manager.
Every single time be sure you have the best and updated security program installed to protect your computer systems, smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc.
For online assistance regarding the Norton with all inquiries:
- Go to their website.
- Fill the query and issue form properly with details.
- Subject to the specified issue; phone number or chat link or email form will be shown.
Every time you face any difficulty associated with Norton antivirus scanning or any other problems, you can contact the technical support team for the antivirus problems. You just have to select a suitable category, and then explore or post your question. Before posting, it is essential to log in using your own Account or the Facebook account. Norton’s certified agents are composed and are ready to deliver you with unequalled support via online services, phone or e-mail. Trained in-depth on Internet security resolutions, as well as third-party tools, Norton customer support number for Norton phone number customer service, are committed to being approachable to your needs and to provide you with the utmost level of technical support and above all these services are available 24*7 hours through the year.